Inflation / Shortages in Salida: gas, food, baby formula

There are currently fears across the United States about a looming beer shortage due to a lack of supplies of carbon dioxide, the vital gas that makes the beer fizz.

Breweries are facing a critical nationwide shortage of CO2 due to higher material costs, lingering supply shortages, and the temporary shutdown of a carbon dioxide capture operation at the Jackson Dome in Mississippi.

Small craft breweries are especially vulnerable to the CO2 shortage, due to their smaller operations and shorter supply chains compared to the larger commercially-owned breweries.

Just opened a pack of double stuf Oreos.

Talk about shrinkflation!

Look at the filling.

2 years ago these were regular Oreos!

And there is room for two more Oreos in each row.

Thanks, Joe Biden!

Walmart keeping it real.

Inflation causing higher prices at the local bakery.

“In the Foreign Ministry’s statement, the kingdom confirms that Joe Biden pressured the Saudi royalty to delay cuts in output and lower oil costs for another month until after the midterm election.”

BREAKING: Saudi Arabia Foreign Ministry Confirms Joe Biden Attempted to Coerce Kingdom to Cut Oil Prices Until After Midterm Election (thegatewaypundit.com)

Shrinkflation!!!

Is that what you would call a “fixer downer”

Why is inflation impacting Colorado more than the rest of the US?

Shrinkflation! Our 2022 Thanksgiving turkey.

Fire sale?Fire sale Salisa style.

2 Likes

The value of banknotes in Venezuela…

Switzerland May Ban the Use of Electric Vehicles this Winter Amid Energy Crisis (thegatewaypundit.com)

Switzerland should use good old American know-how!

Here’s how the Californians do it.

Soft landing is not really gonna be an option …

Interesting discussion on Salida Talk Discussion Group | Facebook

Some comments:
Has anyone had $70-$80 increases in both their electric and gas bills? Yeah it’s getting chilly but not that chilly! Even the gas pumps are starting to go down…I don’t get it.

Yep both mine were $100 & I live in a small trailer !!!

I have done an analysis of bills for all 2022 and end of 2021. The amount paid for natural gas has doubled. It continues to increase within the allowable range of the Utility Commission. Not sure how we will afford the winter any other way but dropping inside temps to 60.

Yeah my gas bill went up 100 and I haven’t changed the temp