Will the real Frank Waxman please stand up?

Will Frank Waxman defend his view that Covid mRNA Vaccines are safe and effective?

The January 31 Mountain Mail contained a letter to the editor signed by Nelda Waman:

‘Don’t know what you’re talking about’

• Jan 31, 2023

Dear Editor:

To quote Dirty Harry, “A man’s gotta know his limitations.”

In the past, I have successfully completed the following.

Installed a kitchen faucet. Numerous times I changed trip levers and flappers in our toilets.

Changed many flat tires and batteries in various vehicles.

Installed a ceiling fan, replaced a regular light switch with a dimmer and changed batteries in smoke alarms.

Does that make me an expert plumber, auto mechanic or electrician?

Of course not.

After high school, I thought I knew everything. Even with a college degree, life has shown me my limitations.

I met Frank Waxman as he was completing his research for his doctorate in microbiology/immunology. One day as I was waiting for him to complete his experiments, I picked up a copy of the Journal of Immunology sitting on his desk. I found a title that sounded interesting and started reading.

After the first paragraph, I had no idea what was discussed. I went to another paragraph. Again, no clue. I chose another article. Again – not the faintest idea what the author was talking about.

When Frank returned to his office, I asked him if he understood the stuff in those articles in the journal. He said of course.

I realized then that I really didn’t know much about science. To understand the information in that scientific journal required years of preparation, including intense study and successful completion of calculus, virology, microbiology, chemistry, genetics, immunology and many other subjects.

Donald Trump, at the early stages of COVID, stood in front of a group of scientists and said his uncle was a brilliant scientist, thus he (DJT) knew this stuff due to his familial relation to his uncle.

No, buddy, that’s not how it works.

I spent two months typing and retyping (no computers in the mid-’70s) Frank’s doctoral dissertation. All I remember from that experience is a bunch of initials like GAT and RNA and MIF. I even named my first cat MIF. Her full name was Migration Inhibitory Factor.

Due to my 50 years with Dr. Frank Waxman, I spent years socializing with a variety of very smart scientists. They speak their own language.

I can’t speak nor comprehend French. Perhaps if I spent a few years studying the language and lived in a country immersed in the French language and culture, I could get by.

But there is no way that living with and associating with a bunch of nerdy scientists for decades means that I can comprehend nor interpret nor make any informed conclusions about medical research.

I didn’t spend four years of college, four years in graduate school studying complex scientific topics accompanied by intense research, publishing articles in reputable, peer-reviewed scientific journals or five decades of my life immersed in advancing scientific knowledge for the betterment of mankind.

So, if you haven’t done that, then I suggest in the most civilized way I can, shut your stupid yap because you don’t know what you’re talking about.

Nelda Waxman,

Salida

This response is followed by the data cited in the letter.

Dear Editor,

Nelda Waxman’s 1/31 letter defends her husband’s right to express opinions free from criticism. But not all is at it seems. 424 words detail Nelda’s life illuminated by the brilliance of Professor Frank Waxman, PhD. But in the last 71 words, a strange transition occurs. After gushing endlessly, Nelda seemingly turns into Frank, and starts ranting as Frank in the first-person:

I didn’t spend four years of college, four years in graduate school studying complex scientific topics accompanied by intense research, publishing articles in reputable, peer-reviewed scientific journals or five decades of my life immersed in advancing scientific knowledge for the betterment of mankind.

So, if you haven’t done that, then I suggest in the most civilized way I can, shut your stupid yap because you don’t know what you’re talking about.”

Catch that? This is no longer Nelda writing. The vitriol demanding we shut our collective “stupid yap” seems to emanate from the Frank side of the Frank-N-Nelda letter-writing symbiote. Is claiming the sole right to free speech the only way Frank Waxman can win a debate? Do the Waxman’s seek to censor and silence all opposing views to avoid defending the failed “Science” he shares with the thoroughly discredited Dr. Anthony “I am Science” Fauci"?

So how could Frank Waxman, one of history’s greatest minds, have made such a letter-writing blunder?

Speaking of blunders, based on his flawed record of Covid prognostication, perhaps Frank Waxman should be demanding a refund for his PhD expenses. His stance on lockdowns, masks and long covid have all been discredited. What about Frank’s endless advocacy to “get the jab”?

Science is evidence-based, and the story evolves. Leaving aside whether vaccines were safe and effective two years ago, the risk-benefit analysis for the mRNA vaccines must be constantly reevaluated as the situation changes. Here are three of the many current major issues:

The omicron currently circulating is much less dangerous than previous variants.

Most of the population was repeatedly exposed to Covid and has developed various types of immunity. This is no longer March, 2020.

The mRNA vaccines have proven much less safe and effective than originally touted.

People are now waking up to this reality: vax risks for most far outweigh the benefits. The UK recently stopped giving mRNA vaccines to those under age 50. The data used showed the risk of a serious adverse effects from the mRNA vaccines was 1:800, while in the 20-29 age group, you would need to vaccinate 169,200 people to prevent 1 Covid hospitalization. Lousy odds to incentivize vaxxing. Links below.

Will Frank Waxman weigh in on this data? Also, rather than lecturing us without providing supporting evidence, perhaps Frank could locate the safety and efficacy data which justifies Chaffee County Public Health currently offering both Pfizer and Moderna mRNA covid jabs to children aged 6 months+. I can’t find any data justifying such a risk. Can you, Frank?

Vince Phillips, Salida

*Excerpt from a UK Health Security Agency (UKHSA) presentation to *
*the Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI) on 25 *
October 2022.

Appendix 1: estimation of number needed to vaccinate to prevent a COVID-19 hospitalisation for primary vaccination, booster vaccination (3rd dose), autumn 2022 and spring 2023 booster for those newly in a risk group (publishing.service.gov.uk)

This video explains the data for those who may not fully understand:

UK data, massive shift in vaccine risk / benefit analysis - YouTube

This paper contains the data cited above:

Serious adverse events of special interest following mRNA COVID-19 vaccination in randomized trials in adults - PMC (nih.gov)

Proof that Chaffee County is providing mRNA vaccines to children starting at age 6 months:

2 Likes

I worry about Nelda. She’s doing all the work; Installing kitchen faucets, changing trip levers and flappers in toilets, changing flat tires and batteries, installing ceiling fans, replacing light switches with a dimmer, and changing batteries in smoke alarms.

What’s Frank doing? Nothing? Sitting around saying, “Back off Nelda. I don’t have time for that. I’m a scientist.”

Nelda needs to talk to someone. You are getting used in this marriage. Nelda, if you divorce Frank you’ll get half the money! HALF!

You could live your life out from the oppressive thumb of that narcissistic, misogynist husband.

Pharma’s Gatekeeper: How the PREP Act Protects Everyone Except Those Injured by Vaccines • Children’s Health Defense (childrenshealthdefense.org)

The following letters from the Mountain Mail newspaper trace the genesis of the local covid mRNA vaccine debate. Part 1

‘Cure will be worse than the disease’

May 6, 2020

Dear Editor:

Chaffee County issued guidelines for reopening stores and businesses May 1. Unfortunately, the mandates will dramatically raise overhead and lower revenue.

Most who open will lose more money than if they stayed closed. If the intention is to continue these precautions all the way through summer, we may as well close now and save ourselves from a slow, inevitable death.

But I struggle to understand what in the local data makes all these precautions necessary.

What we know: There were 66 cases of COVID-19 in Chaffee County and 17 deaths. Of the 66, 52 were at Columbine Manor, including 43 patients and nine employees. But mitigation was successful. No new cases were reported in Chaffee County since April 11.

What we do not know: anything about the other 14 supposedly non-Columbine cases. Are they sprinkled far and wide across the county, or do they have something in common? I submit the unaccounted 14 cases likely have a link to Columbine Manor – perhaps relatives or friends of Columbine residents and staff. How many cases are completely unrelated to Columbine? Chaffee County Public Health must know but has not shared this information.

If the outbreak was confined to Columbine, and no new cases in Chaffee have occurred since April 11, why not fully open the County (especially BV) for business with minimal restrictions? Zero new cases in three weeks? You cannot sanitize your way to less than zero.

There is a way to determine the risks. Walmart has been open through the shutdown. Employees are in constant contact with the public. They have exercised basic social distancing and hand sanitization. How many employees have been infected? If the answer is nearly or actually zero, risk to store employees was determined under real-world conditions to be minimal.

How can you justify draconian, perhaps long-term restrictions if stores operating during the height of the pandemic did so safely?

Some say opening now is too dangerous. What about driving, skiing, rock/mountain climbing and whitewater rafting? These activities have the potential to kill more people in Chaffee County every year than COVID-19. If public health is always more important than economics, why don’t we ban them? Ah, you say people who engage in these activities choose to take the risk upon themselves.

In this same way, within reason, let businesses and customers decide what risks they are willing to take. Those who choose to continue sheltering have every right to do so but have no right to impose their own choice on everyone else.

The unfortunate COVID-19 fatalities in Chaffee County were confined to the elderly and other high risk populations – who will remain quarantined. Allow all other residents to make their own informed decisions.

Orders are only as strong as the public’s willingness to follow them. If you insist on proceeding with your plan, please give a detailed justification of your reasoning. Treat us as partners, not as serfs.

I fear the government-mandated cure will prove worse than the disease.

Vince Phillips,

Salida

‘Why is HRRMC mandating vaccines?’

Oct 12, 2021 Updated Oct 12, 2021

Dear Editor:

Why is Heart of the Rockies Regional Medical Center mandating COVID-19 vaccines for employees?

We hear daily from the hierarchy of federal, state and local governments, medical establishment and mainstream press: Safe. Effective. Only idiots do not take the shot. Months ago contrary data was hard to find. Despite best efforts to tell a one-sided story, the other side leaked out.

Analyze the oft-heard sentence: “COVID-19 vaccines are safe and effective.”

Until recently, COVID shots were not considered vaccinations by CDC:

“Vaccination (pre-2015): injection of a killed or weakened infectious organism in order to prevent the disease.”

“Vaccination (2015-2021): Act of introducing a vaccine into the body to produce immunity to a specific disease.”

“Vaccination (September 2021): Act of introducing a vaccine into the body to produce protection from a specific disease.”

Why did CDC redefine “vaccination”? Because COVID shots were nothing like traditional vaccines. They are gene therapy. How many would refuse the cattle call “come get your COVID gene therapy”? How many avoid genetically modified organism (GMO) foods but lined up for a genetically modified cocktail containing disputed ingredients? Vaccines no longer “prevent” disease, just “produce protection.”

Safe? CDC data for U.S. persons receiving COVID vaccination: vaers.hhs.gov/data.html, December 2020 to present:

Adverse reactions: 559,462

Permanent disabilities: 7,863

Deaths: 6,756

If the goal is an informed decision, why are vaccine deaths not on the front page?

In addition, people are not considered vaccinated until two weeks post-shot. How many vaccine deaths were incorrectly categorized as COVID deaths?

Effective? Early communiques promised the moon. Where are we now? According to Colorado data (covid19.colorado.gov/vaccine-breakthrough) vaccinated persons are: 3.5 times less likely to be a COVID case; 4.7 times less likely to be hospitalized; 5.8 times less likely to die.

This is a far cry from initial comprehensive safety promises of vaccine protection from drug companies, who still bear zero liability for sickness/death from the shot.

Why is the HRRMC mandate an overreach? There is no exception for those who contracted COVID, recovered and have natural immunity. Forcing an additional shot, considering the risk, is unconscionable.

Government is no longer in the “governing business.” It is in “control the outcome of public opinion by limiting their access to information” business. This happened with a moratorium on troubling information surrounding the 2020 election, both nationally and in Chaffee County. It also happened with COVID information. Government, media, medical establishment-complex decided we must be vaccinated and set about propagandizing the upside while hiding the downside. Thanks, nanny state.

MJB’s hopes for herd immunity are unattainable when the vaccinated can both contract and spread COVID. CDC: “Fully vaccinated individuals who are exposed to a positive COVID case should get tested on day 3-5 following exposure and wear a mask.”

HRRMC supposedly wants a conversation about vaccine mandates with their employees. If the goal is an equitable solution, I suggest public dialogue. Life-and-death issues deserve a full hearing, not one-sided mandates invoking governmental and institutional power. People deserve to be heard.

Vince Phillips,

Salida

There’re limitations to free speech

Oct 22, 2021 Updated Oct 22, 2021

Dear Editor:

Jerry Raski’s letter (Oct. 12) questioned “election transparency” in Chaffee County. As was the case for his previous letters, there’s not a scintilla of evidence presented documenting any actual election fraud.

Raski didn’t mention Mesa County, where the Republican clerk was removed from election supervision while criminal investigation of her alleged nefarious activities after the 2020 election continues.

Raski’s letters reflect the national campaign by Trump questioning the 2020 presidential election. Trump had many opportunities to present evidence supporting his absurd fraud claims. No court found evidence of widespread fraud. More than 60 cases were dismissed, including by the U.S. Supreme Court to which Trump had appointed three new justices.

The facts are clear. Inasmuch as our elections are conducted independently by states, counties and municipalities, widespread fraud would require a conspiracy by tens of thousands of individuals. There is no evidence of widespread election fraud in 2020.

President Ronald Reagan referred to America as “a shining city on a hill.” His intent was to reflect his vision of America as a magnificent example for the world.

Unfounded Trump claims of fraud undermine our nation’s image. Our democratic republic was once the model of democracy for the world. How does the world perceive us now?

Even more troubling is legislation in many states to suppress voting. In some states, new laws may permit legislatures to ignore the actual vote and select electors supporting the losing candidate. And these Republican-controlled legislatures reflect extreme gerrymandering which permits Republican control even though they’re a minority of statewide vote.

Unless superseding federal legislation is enacted, you can redact the word “democratic” from our democratic republic. All civilizations eventually fall and this may be our time.

Another letter published Oct. 12 was penned by Vince Phillips, who evidently objects to Heart of the Rockies’ Regional Medical Center’s vaccination mandate. If you need to go to our hospital, I guess Phillips believes it’s OK for you to be exposed to a deadly disease because of some imaginary right of employees to “freedom.”

Phillips considers the COVID-19 vaccine to be “gene therapy.” This is utterly ridiculous.

Pfizer and Moderna vaccines contain messenger RNA encoding the viral spike protein. Oversimplifying and without venturing too far into molecular biology, human cells don’t have enzymatic machinery necessary for incorporating viral RNA into the genome.

Phillips claims there’ve been 6,756 deaths from COVID-19 vaccine. This figure reflects every death reported through CDC Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System, including those who died from any cause after vaccination. Vaccination does not cause traffic accident fatalities.

In fact, there’ve been only three deaths directly attributed to COVID-19 vaccination. Those were due to blood clots from the J&J vaccine. That is of 489,300,000 vaccine doses administered in the USA.

Our Constitution’s First Amendment guarantees free speech. However, there’re some limitations. An obvious example is shouting “fire” in a crowded theater as that may cause injury or death. Well, vaccine misinformation may prompt some to eschew vaccination, thereby causing their death.

Frank Waxman

Salida

‘What’s wrong with skepticism’

Nov 23, 2021

Dear Editor:

In his Oct. 22 letter, “There’re limitations to free speech,” Frank Waxman took exception to my Oct. 12 letter, “Why is HRRMC mandating vaccines.” All I did was “follow the science,” quoting government statistics. For this I must be silenced?

While vaccines are a boon to humanity, there have also been many fatal incidents: cdc.gov/vaccinesafety/concerns/concerns-history.html. What is wrong with healthy skepticism/debate about research vaccines using new technology, which were rushed into widespread use without full FDA approval?

Instead we incessantly hear COVID-19 vaccines are “safe and effective.” Does this mean they are 100 percent safe? 100 percent effective? No vaccine ever created met this criteria.

So is mass COVID-19 vaccination of everyone, regardless of age and health status, still indicated by data accumulated from vaccinating over 50 percent of the U.S. population in the last year? We may never know. Outside of the HHS Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS), there is no widespread effort to tabulate adverse reactions. VAERS is an optional (not mandatory) system and certainly underreports adverse reactions.

When comparing the fatality rate of COVID-19, disease vs. vaccination, we must first evaluate data quality.

VAERS currently lists 8,284 people who died after COVID-19 vaccination in the U.S. (COVID Vaccine Data - OpenVAERS), including 69 deaths in Colorado. In the meantime, Mr. Waxman assures us (without citation) only three people have died from the vaccine. 8,284 versus three? Online investigation reveals why many VAERS deaths are currently not being attributed to vaccination. Many in the VAERS database were old and/or sick. We are told they were high risk and therefore discounted from the vaccination death total.

But wait, the COVID-19 death total is proclaimed to be over 750,000, and most of these people were similarly old and sick. Yet they were included in the COVID-19 death total.

Can you compare data collected using two divergent sets of rules? This either inflated the numbers of COVID-19 deaths, grossly underestimated numbers of vaccine-related deaths, or both.

One problem with both data sets is the difficulty evaluating whether either COVID-19 infection or vaccination is a primary cause of death, a major/minor contributing cause or no cause. Subjectivity dominated data creation, resulting in numbers skewed in favor of the medical establishment’s desired outcome: universal COVID-19 vaccination. Maintaining this singular message is ongoing and seemingly relentless. Why is no re-evaluation allowed, based on new data?

Do you want to sway those hesitant about COVID-19 vaccination? Remove mandates, end coercion. These actions, along with biased messaging, hardened resistance. Start reporting vaccine deaths along with COVID deaths. Tell the full truth, acknowledge there have been more adverse reactions than anticipated. Then make your case, if you can, that despite the downside, vaccination is still the best option. Stop telling only one side of the story.

And please watch the following video: youtube.com/watch?v=QabAtYBnqro. When asked in a congressional hearing how many CDC employees are vaccinated, CDC Director Rochelle Walensky refused to answer. If the CDC is not following their own advice, why should anyone else?

Vince Phillips,

Salida

Handful of deaths due to vaccine

Dec 3, 2021

Dear Editor:

I generally don’t get involved in back-and-forth discussions regarding my previous letters. But in this instance, the topic is so fundamentally important that it’s necessary.

To review, on Oct. 12 a letter by Vince Phillips voiced objections to Heart of the Rockies Regional Medical Center’s vaccination mandate. In my Oct. 22 response I opined, “If you need to go to our hospital, I guess Phillips believes it’s OK for you to be exposed to a deadly disease because of some imaginary right of employees to ‘freedom.’”

Then, on Nov. 23, Phillips responded by asking what is wrong with skepticism about the safety of vaccines. Phillips makes a valid general point – there is nothing whatsoever wrong with skepticism. In fact, scientific training encourages skepticism.

It’s important to state at the outset there is not always a direct relationship between intelligence and expertise. From Phillips’ letters, he appears to be highly intelligent. Nevertheless, he’s manifestly ignorant when it comes to assessing benefit vs. risk of COVID-19 vaccination.

Presenting misleading information about vaccines is dangerous as it may cause some to avoid vaccination and thus endanger not only themselves but our community.

Not all opinions are created equal. On some topics, expertise is important. I don’t know if Phillips has had medical science training. My doctorate is in microbiology, a discipline that encompasses viruses, and I have more than 50 years of experience as an immunologist. I also worked for three years in the NIH Laboratory of Persistent Viral Diseases. As a medical school professor, I spent a large part of my career teaching medical students about vaccines.

Phillips cites 8,284 deaths reported through the CDC Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System as his “evidence” that the COVID-19 vaccine is dangerous. While the number is accurate, the inference that the vaccine caused these deaths is fallacious.

The CDC VAERS website reports all deaths following vaccination. People of course die from many causes entirely unrelated to vaccination; that’s the explanation for the VAERS data. Here’s a good lay-language explanation of the VAERS system: “Scary Reports of Deaths Following COVID-19 Vaccination Aren’t What They Seem” (muhealth.org).

The CDC offers an explanation for its VAERS data: “Selected Adverse Events Reported after COVID-19 Vaccination | CDC.”

Any medical procedure involves comparing potential risks to rewards. As Phillips states correctly, no vaccine is 100 percent safe and effective.

But in the case of COVID-19, the evidence is unequivocal. There have been just a literal handful of deaths attributable to the vaccine out of hundreds of millions of vaccine doses administered. On the other hand, more than 750,000 Americans have died from COVID-19 and every three days the current death toll exceeds that of 9/11.

There is nothing wrong with healthy skepticism. However, being skeptical about established facts bespeaks ignorance. For example, believing the earth is flat is ignorant.

We all want to get back to normal. The plain simple fact is that if everyone was vaccinated, COVID-19 would largely be history.

Frank Waxman, Ph.D.,

Salida

The following letters from the Mountain Mail newspaper trace the genesis of the local covid mRNA vaccine debate. Part 2

Be informed about risks

Dec 3, 2021

Dear Editor:

There have been no responses to my letters questioning the number of U.S. deaths after COVID-19 vaccination as reported by the Vaccine Adverse Event Recording System (VAERS) vaers.hhs.gov. This data is the reason many have refused vaccination.

I requested from our local health officials an explanation of death numbers in an effort to bridge the divide. The fact that they either can’t (or won’t) address this U.S. government data should concern everyone.

The following statistics summarized from VAERS data can be found at: childrenshealthdefense.org/defender/vaers-cdc-omicron-vaccine-makers-stock-adverse-events-deaths/?utm_source=salsa&eType=EmailBlastContent&eId=1f2a8688-1d7e-4332-8fe0-148ca12aa980.

Some might think this website is the work of a crazed conservative crackpot conspiracy-theorist. But the creator of Children’s Health Defense is lifelong Democrat Robert F. Kennedy Jr., the nephew of former President JFK and son of former U.S. Attorney General and assassinated presidential candidate RFK. Data is not partisan:

“Excluding “foreign reports” to VAERS, 664,745 adverse events, including 8,898 deaths and 56,297 serious injuries, were reported in the U.S. between Dec. 14, 2020, and Nov. 19, 2021.”

“Of the 8,898 U.S. deaths reported as of Nov. 19, 20 percent occurred within 24 hours of vaccination, 26 percent occurred within 48 hours of vaccination and 56 percent occurred in people who experienced an onset of symptoms within 48 hours of being vaccinated.”

“U.S. VAERS data from Dec. 14, 2020, to Nov. 19, 2021 for 12- to 17-year-olds show:

• 23,484 total adverse events, including 1,439 rated as serious and 31 reported deaths.

• 59 reports of anaphylaxis among 12- to 17-year-olds where the reaction was life-threatening, required treatment or resulted in death — with 96 percent of cases attributed to Pfizer’s vaccine.

• 560 reports of myocarditis and pericarditis (heart inflammation)with 549 cases attributed to Pfizer’s vaccine.

• 139 reports of blood clotting disorders, with all cases attributed to Pfizer.”

“U.S. VAERS data from Dec. 14, 2020, to Nov. 12, 2021, for all age groups combined, show:

• 19 percent of deaths were related to cardiac disorders.

• 54 percent of those who died were male, 42 percent were female and remaining death reports did not include gender of the deceased.

“The average age of death was 72.7.

“As of Nov. 19, 4,424 pregnant women reported adverse events related to COVID vaccines, including 1,390 reports of miscarriage or premature birth.

• Of the 3,197 cases of Bell’s palsy reported, 51 percent were attributed to Pfizer vaccinations, 41 percent to Moderna and 8 percent to J&J.

• 760 reports of Guillain-Barré syndrome (GBS), with 41 percent attributed to Pfizer, 30 percent to Moderna and 28 percent to J&J.

• 2,149 reports of anaphylaxis where the reaction was life-threatening, required treatment or resulted in death.

• 11,209 reports of blood clotting disorders. Of those, 4,960 were attributed to Pfizer, 4,000 reports to Moderna and 2,195 reports to J&J.

• 3,209 cases of myocarditis and pericarditis with 1,999 attributed to Pfizer, 1,067 to Moderna and 133 to J&J’s COVID vaccine.”

People should be informed of COVID-19 vaccination risks, in addition to the benefits.

Vince Phillips,

Salida

How many deaths are caused by vaccine?

Dec 24, 2021

Dear Editor:

“They” told you the vaccine would prevent COVID-19. It didn’t. The vaccinated can both contract and transmit COVID-19 infection.

“They” told you protection would be long-lasting. It’s not. The future promises endless boosters.

“They” told you it is safe. The Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS) received more reports of vaccine-related fatalities and other adverse events for COVID-19 vaccinations than all other vaccines in the previous 30 years, combined.

What else don’t “they” know? youtube.com/watch?v=53v_D8_ZckE&t=190s

(Hint: Zookeeper Jim Fowler stands in for our government.)

I asked questions about VAERS data. The responses? U.S. COVID-19 vaccine deaths are “three,” “rare” or a “handful.” Our public health officials never answered.

Dr. Google instantly gives us a link from July apparently claiming only three COVID-19 vaccine deaths. Since Dr. Waxman originally reported only three deaths, I suspect a two-minute internet search is now considered scholarly, in-depth research.

Studying my own question yielded this CDC link: cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/safety/adverse-events.html.

“Millions of People Have Safely Received a COVID-19 Vaccine.”

This title is descriptive, affirmative and ultimately suspicious. Millions were safe. Great! But how many were not?

“Reports of death after COVID-19 vaccination are rare. More than 459 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines were administered in the United States from Dec. 14, 2020, through Nov. 29, 2021. During this time, VAERS received 10,128 reports of death (0.0022 percent) among people who received a COVID-19 vaccine. FDA requires healthcare providers to report any death after COVID-19 vaccination to VAERS, even if it’s unclear whether the vaccine was the cause. Reports of adverse events to VAERS following vaccination, including deaths, do not necessarily mean a vaccine caused a health problem. CDC clinicians review reports of death to VAERS including death certificates, autopsy and medical records. A review of reports indicates a causal relationship between the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine and TTS, a rare and serious adverse event – that causes blood clots with low platelets – which has caused or directly contributed to six confirmed deaths.”

What does this carefully crafted paragraph actually say?

It never says COVID-19 vaccination deaths are rare. It says “reports of death” are rare. It then acknowledges there are currently 10,128 such reports of death after vaccination. The implication: 10,128 death reports of 459 million doses is considered “rare.”

I agree all reported deaths are “not necessarily” caused by the COVID-19 vaccine. But how many are? Here the CDC threw a bone as misdirection: there are “six confirmed deaths.” It never says these six were the only confirmed deaths, it just mentions six were confirmed. Pretty deceptive – right?

Take the CDC paragraph literally: There are actually somewhere between six and 10,218 COVID-19 vaccination deaths. So far.

Fact: 44 percent of VAERS-reported deaths occurred within 48 hours of COVID-19 vaccination. Many of these in----------------dividuals died of symptoms acknowledged by the CDC as potential complications from COVID-19 vaccination but were never publicly “confirmed” as deaths attributed to vaccination. Quite a coincidence. How long can officials avoid telling the truth before it becomes an outright lie?

Vince Phillips,

Salida

Comments on letter writers

Dec 31, 2021 Updated Dec 31, 2021

Dear Editor:

This is my first letter to the editor in nearly four years. Have you missed me?

Thank you to Adam Myers for his humorous letter about the library and seeing-eye dogs. It was a bright spot in my morning.

Thank you to Thomas Kaercher for his letter entitled “We are truly blessed to live here.” It made me feel warm and fuzzy.

Thank you, sort of, to Frank Waxman, who pens informative and intelligent letters but just can’t seem to let go of Bernie Sanders and Hillary Clinton. It made me feel so old thinking about those two.

No thanks to Vince Phillips and Bret Collyer, whose toxic letters continually bludgeon the community with hatred, rage, blame and accusation. These boys clearly have too much idle time on their hands. They appear to be obsessed with a need to change the public’s opinion on masks and vaccines and a desperate need to be right. Dozens of their letters have been printed over the past two years on this subject.

Need I remind you two that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results? How’s that going for you fellas?

We get it. You have suffered from centuries of oppression. You have been beaten down and persecuted for your beliefs. You are scared and full of self-righteous indignation. And now you want to punish everyone else for all the injustices you have suffered while living in this horrible country called America. We get it, but we will never fully understand it nor ascribe to your rantings.

As an author and proofreader, I assure you that your repetitious ramblings could be edited and reduced to two paragraphs. Then you would have more time to do some much needed volunteer work in our community instead of attacking us. Or how about changing things up a bit and writing letters about all the blessings in your lives, including the fact that neither of you has died from COVID yet.

Happy holidays to all. Get vaccinated, boosted and wear your masks.

Linda Taylor,

Salida

Analysis key to bridging divide

Jan 11, 2022

Dear Editor:

“It is the first responsibility of every citizen to question authority” (Ben Franklin). I spend much time and effort doing just that. I research, request documents, publicize facts and am always willing to substantiate my writings. I do this because I care about my country and fear for its future.

What have I found? Dishonesty and corruption. City of Salida, Salida School District, Chaffee County, state of Colorado. Pick one, I can provide examples of shameful conduct. Any impartial arbiter of the facts would say so – but good luck finding one. There are honest people in government, but they look the other way to preserve their own position. Go along to get along. The press should play a role in revealing these transgressions. Instead they either turn a blind eye or actively participate in the deception.

Rational people are unsettled because they no longer have any idea what is true.

Enter Linda Taylor and Frank Waxman. They read a few biased articles, navel gaze and pronounce from on high “their truth,” mistaking it for “the truth.” This universal knowledge they impart must be recognized, even worshipped by others. The source of their fact-free writings seems to be blind emotion marinated with partisan ideology. They never try to prove what they say, any more than they try to disprove what I say. How much easier to pronounce that I “bludgeon the community with hatred, rage, blame and accusation.” Yet another great opportunity to rebut my logical argument was missed, supplanted by a hateful and intolerant rant. Doesn’t the liberal demand for diversity also extend to diversity of thought?

Since my comments about COVID-19 vaccination have elicited such a violent reaction, let me try a simplification:

Linda Taylor imperiously commands, “Get vaccinated, boosted and wear your masks.” Meanwhile, I never wrote anyone should or should not get the shot. I asked Public Health officials for their expert opinion. For this I am vilified? I described mounting data in the scientific literature of many more post-vaccination injuries and deaths than we are led to believe. Fear inspired by this data prevents many from getting vaccinated. To influence this segment of the population, is it unreasonable to ask for someone in authority to address their specific concerns?

Current U.S. government statistics report 9,623 deaths and 11,255 permanently disabled after COVID-19 vaccination. Why is the topic of vaccine-related deaths off-limits? If there really are only a “handful” of deaths (gospel according to Waxman), why not confirm a number? Note: The last several public communications from Chaffee County Public Health and the county commissioners no longer describe the COVID-19 vaccines as “safe and effective.” I applaud this modification.

One last issue: Please study the following link: canadiancovidcarealliance.org/media-resources/the-pfizer-inoculations-for-covid-19-more-harm-than-good/.

If these medical professionals are wrong, please explain why. Analysis and communication, not hysterical rants, are the key to bridging the divide.

Vince Phillips,

Salida

Vaccine narrative is ‘debunked’

Feb 1, 2022 Updated Feb 1, 2022

Top of Form

Bottom of Form

Dear Editor:

Misinformation. Debunked. Conspiracy theory. The words people use to dismiss questions for which they have no answer. If I am so wrong about COVID vaccines, why doesn’t someone prove it?

Not that I envy our public health officials. The vax story has changed so much, it’s hard to keep track.

Initially, one jab will prevent infection, spread, hospitalization and death. The vaccine is “safe and effective.”

Now, after three shots, infection and spread by the vaxxed are commonplace. Vaccine-mediated herd immunity proved impossible. Vax reduced but did not eliminate hospitalization/death. And there are more reports of death after COVID vaccination (10,162) in the last year than all other vaccines combined for 30 years.

If past prognostications have failed up until now, how can you trust future predictions, like long-term safety?

The media miss the point labeling the skeptical “anti-vaxxers,” ignoring that these vaccines use a radically new technology. Conventional vaccines contained a deactivated version of the disease pathogen, which prepares the body to fight future infection by the real pathogen. Moderna and Pfizer COVID vaccines contain mRNA genetic material designed to enter your cells and turn them into a factory to manufacture the pathogen, the spike protein structure from COVID. Your immune system detects then destroys your cells where this spike protein was produced.

The problem? The vaccine particles are delivered into your arm muscle and are intended to stay there. Instead, some portion can migrate and target your body’s immune response against the heart, brain, circulatory system, etc. Watch the experience of a professional mountain biker: youtube.com/watch?v=H7inaTiDKaU.

Options were available to make a more traditional vaccine many “anti-vaxxers” would have freely taken. Despite the trillions thrown at COVID research, these unsexy technologies remain unfunded. There were no huge profits to be made from them: yahoo.com/news/texas-scientists-COVID-19-vaccine-100019383.html

Health officials pushed new truths as if their old, false truths had never happened. But anyone who studied the technical issues knew from the beginning there was a huge risk. Eminent scientists who predicted danger early on were vilified: msn.com/en-us/news/politics/emails-reveal-how-fauci-head-of-nih-colluded-to-try-to-smear-experts/ar-AARX837.

The hallmark of our medical system is individualized care. An 85-year-old woman has different medical needs than a 20-year-old man. Vax mandates treated them the same. For the elderly, there is every possibility that the risk/reward merits getting vaccinated. For young males, studies show the vax risk exceeds the COVID risk. Yet public health policy refuses to differentiate.

I am forced to an unsettling conclusion. Our public health people, paid for by us, received a secret mandate. Who ordered them to ignore adverse effects from COVID vaccination, and why?

I submit to you the “safe and effective” narrative for COVID vaccines was “misinformation” and has now been “debunked.” The actions of our health officials are not a “conspiracy theory.” They are a full-blown conspiracy.

Vince Phillips, Salida

Have you seen this Project Veritas video where the Pfizer exec says they are mutating Covid through “directed evolution”. About 10 min long.

Ever wonder whether the media is doing their part to explain away all the excess deaths since the rollout of Covid mRNA vaccines? Wonder no more. What is your favorite?

30 More Ways to Die From a Heart Attack According to “Experts” and “Media” - coreysdigs.com

My choice is Gilligan’s Island Rerun Induced Early Death(GIRIED):

Falling asleep with the TV on could bring early death: study (nypost.com)

Natural immunity as protective as Covid vaccine against severe illness (nbcnews.com)

“The immunity generated from an infection was found to be “at least as high, if not higher” than that provided by two doses of an mRNA vaccine, the authors wrote.”

Past SARS-CoV-2 infection protection against re-infection: a systematic review and meta-analysis - The Lancet

Evangeline Lilly Opens Up About Attending a Rally Against COVID Vax Mandates (msn.com)

I was in DC this weekend to support bodily sovereignty while Canadian truckers were rallying for their cross-country, peaceful convoy in support of the same thing.

I believe nobody should ever be forced to inject their body with anything, against their will, under threat of:
-violent attack
-arrest or detention without trial
-loss of employment
-homelessness
-starvation
-loss of education
-alienation from loved ones
-excommunication from society
…under any threat whatsoever.

This is not the way. This is not safe. This is not healthy. This is not love. I understand the world is in fear, but I don’t believe that answering fear with force will fix our problems.

I was pro choice before COVID and I am still pro choice today.

Additional letters to the Mountail Mail.

Note that Frank Waxman refuses to either answer questions or otherwise address scientific data

Responds to COVID comments

• Feb 28, 2023 Updated Feb 28, 2023

Dear Editor:

“I am patient with stupidity but not with those who are proud of it.” – Edith Sitwell.

I would amend this quote by substituting “ignorance” for stupidity. I don’t consider those who disagree with me in letters to the editor to be stupid. In fact, writing a coherent letter requires intelligence. But sometimes these letters do manifest palpable ignorance

Which brings me to Vince Philips’ Feb. 14 letter. Phillips claims a recent letter by my wife, Nelda, was actually ghost-written by me. I would simply inform Mr. Phillips that in today’s society, women are permitted to think for themselves. Nelda writes her own letters, as do I.

Far from advocating censorship, I welcome letters from those who disagree with me. I consider these discussions to be a (modest) form of mental calisthenics, which is important at my advanced age. Although ignorant letters such as that penned by Phillips sometimes take a nasty tone, it’s nothing compared to what all scientists endure through peer review.

Over the past few years, I’ve endeavored to provide my scientific expertise to our community in an attempt to educate folks on a complex medical science topic. As is true for Dr. Fauci, my predictions have not always been perfect. In fact, I initially underestimated the pandemic.

That said, my letters have generally represented the consensus of medical science at the time they were written. But, as Bob Dylan said, “the times they are a changin’.” What appeared true yesterday may not be applicable today.

The SARS-CoV-2 virus has proven to be hypermutable and new information becomes available continuously. In fact, a recent American Medical Association publication underscores the risk for SARS-CoV-2-infected people to develop diabetes (Omicron included).

Phillips’ comments on COVID are absurd. They reflect a potential danger to our community in that letters like his may convince some to eschew vaccination. The unvaccinated may transmit the disease to the immunocompromised, develop long COVID and serve as an incubator for viral mutation.

My rationale for attempting to educate folks about COVID has been simply to counter the rubbish presented by the anti-science ignoramuses, and I’ll continue to do so.

If you wish to subscribe to the anti-vaccine nonsense spouted by Phillips and others, that’s your prerogative. If you wish to be safer and protect the community, please keep up with vaccine boosters and follow the well-established public health practices for COVID.

Frank Waxman,

Salida

This response was submitted to the Mountain Mail prior to the publication of the previous Frank Waxman letter, but was not published until 10 days later.

Skeptic over COVID vaccinations

• Mar 10, 2023

Dear Editor:

I await with bated breath Frank Waxman’s response. Can Nelda help him prove his in-depth research was anything more than media-regurgitated government propaganda?

I would much rather hear from our local public health and medical professionals who are paid to protect and heal us. If my stance on mRNA vaccination is wrong, they have a responsibility to provide a correction to the public. Cite references that can be checked. Start a dialogue. Help uncover a truth that will educate and inform everyone. None of them have done this. Why?

I have asked questions. I have cited research that disagrees with the current public health orthodoxy mandated from the very top of our government.

Despite universal efforts to silence critics, skepticism about the vaccinations is spreading. You can control what we see and hear in the media, but you can’t hide our first-hand experience. The mRNA vaccines were much less effective than originally advertised. The vaccinated can still get COVID and transmit it to others. Any protection from the vaccine is short-lived thus requiring even more jabs. Those with the most jabs are more likely to get COVID. It goes on.

But the blind eye turned to those harmed and killed by the mRNA vaccines is incomprehensible.

After each round, as experience was gained, fewer people chose additional vaccination. At this point, nearly everyone knows of someone who was either harmed or even killed by vaccination. In some areas, “unknown cause of death” is now a leading cause of death. Young people and old Hollywood are dying in unprecedented numbers.

I can’t guarantee I know the explanation, because the same government officials who pushed the vaccine mandates refuse to investigate these suspicious deaths. They also refuse to release the raw data so retrospective studies can be independently performed. Is this avoidance incompetence or consciousness of guilt?

Who in a position of authority has the courage to take a public stand? Either defend the policies with citation so we can critique your evidence or admit the widespread mandates for mRNA COVID vaccines were a gigantic mistake.

Silence is cowardice, an admission your stance is indefensible. The data has changed over time – your mind can too. Believing the false narrative might have begun as a mistake. Continued blind adherence makes you complicit in the cover-up.

Vince Phillips,

Salida

Relevant Letter from Stuart Allen.

‘Let’s use the space wisely’

• Mar 10, 202

Dear Editor:

Now that the editorial board has determined that 400 words and one page of editorials is the law of the land, let’s consider the use of the space.

I was highly disappointed that some of the last long, long letters printed Feb. 28 were from two members of that “gang of three” – OK, maybe 3.5. It seems that Tinker, Marty and Frank think that 500 words isn’t long for their “essays” containing the same leftist diatribe spoken over and over again.

It was good to see Marty say, “I welcome letters from those who disagree with me,” but not that the welcome mat included the usual name calling against someone who dares speak different opinions and/or truths. “Ignorant.” “Anti-science ignoramuses.” It is endless – and ironically the same words used by a certain politician they hate.

There are many highly educated people who agree and disagree with many of the points debated. Just because you have an advanced degree with letters – in say biology – doesn’t mean you are an expert in economics, sociology, world politics, etc. These fields are also entwined in the problems and answers in today’s complex world.

Many others with your similar education and real-world experience may even solve the same problems differently – and more importantly, just as effectively. For example, recently there has been much discussion from the experts regarding the future dealing with COVID and the next pandemic, and it is certainly more than just future boosters even if they were good up to this point. People – and their trusted advisors – need to make these decisions. That should not include, of course, an editorial opinion.

No, Mountain Mail, you don’t need to eliminate sports photos dear to local young athletes to allow more room for political banter that can be just as well said more concisely. I would still love to see the paper have two or more pages given for editorials, but it has to be from a wider breadth of the community and the subjects discussed. Surely, opinions about housing, land use, events, festivals, music, businesses, local and state law and how it affects us, etc. would be more than welcome. People in this community have fantastic ideas worth speaking about.

Whew – only 376 words!

Stuart Allen,

Salida

Pfizer wants to experiment on your six month old baby:

“Pfizer Inc. and BioNTech SE announced today that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) granted emergency use authorization (EUA) to provide a single booster dose of the companies’ Omicron BA.4/BA.5-adapted bivalent COVID-19 vaccine in children 6 months through 4 years of age (also referred to as under 5 years of age) at least 2 months after completion of primary vaccination with three doses of the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Original Vaccine,” according to the company’s release.

“Emergency uses of Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine and Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine, Bivalent have not been approved or licensed by FDA but have been authorized by FDA under an Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) to prevent Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) in individuals aged 6 months and older. The emergency uses are only authorized for the duration of the declaration that circumstances exist justifying the authorization of emergency use of the medical product under Section 564(b)(1) of the FD&C Act unless the declaration is terminated or authorization revoked sooner,”

Pfizer and BioNTech Receive U.S. Emergency Use Authorization of Omicron BA.4/BA.5-Adapted Bivalent COVID-19 Booster in Children Under 5 Years | Pfizer

How is a baby supposed to communicate they are suffering from the following symptoms?

Excerpt from Pfizer Press Release:

Seek medical attention right away if the vaccine recipient has any of the following symptoms:
• difficulty breathing, swelling of the face and throat, a fast heartbeat, a bad rash all over the body, dizziness, and weakness

• Myocarditis (inflammation of the heart muscle) and pericarditis (inflammation of the lining outside the heart) have occurred in some people who have received COMIRNATY® (COVID-19 Vaccine, mRNA), Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine, or Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine. The observed risk is higher among adolescent males and adult males under 40 years of age than among females and older males, and the observed risk is highest in males 12 through 17 years of age. In most of these people, symptoms began within a few days following receipt of the second dose of vaccine. The chance of having this occur is very low.

Seek medical attention right away if the vaccine recipient has any of the following symptoms:
• Chest pain
• Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
• Feelings of having a fast-beating, fluttering, or pounding heart
• Fainting
• Unusual and persistent irritability
• Unusual and persistent poor feeding
• Unusual and persistent fatigue or lack of energy
• Persistent vomiting
• Persistent pain in the abdomen
• Unusual and persistent cool, pale skin

Side effects that have been reported with these vaccines include:
• Severe allergic reactions
• Non-severe allergic reactions such as rash, itching, hives, or swelling of the face
• Myocarditis (inflammation of the heart muscle)
• Pericarditis (inflammation of the lining outside the heart)
• Injection site pain/tenderness
• Tiredness
• Headache
• Muscle pain
• Chills
• Joint pain
• Fever
• Injection site swelling
• Injection site redness
• Nausea
• Feeling unwell
• Swollen lymph nodes (lymphadenopathy)
• Decreased appetite
• Diarrhea
• Vomiting
• Arm pain
• Fainting in association with injection of the vaccine
• Dizziness
• Irritability

These may not be all the possible side effects of the vaccine. Call the vaccination provider or healthcare provider about bothersome side effects or side effects that do not go away.